Presenters have been confirmed for Building Joyful Classrooms 2019, which will be held at ECC South Campus on Saturday, October 19. Check out this line up:
Our keynote address, CHOOSING JOY: WE WERE MADE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, will be presented by Dr. Lynn Lubecki (NYS Pyramid Model Master Cadre Trainer and Research Associate at the Rochester Children’s Institute). Dr. Lubecki won the first Pyramid Model Champion Award at the Pyramid Model National Meeting in 2018 and has worked in early childhood education for more than 20 years.
TRACK 1 WORKSHOPS:
- Loving Children: The Foundation for Understanding Development will be presented by Bridget Palmer (Liberty POST) and Kim Hauptman (Buffalo Hearing and Speech).
- Infant Toddler Specialists, Maryann Ciskal and Kelly Janese, will present Routines & Expectations: Blueprints for Success.
- Megan Coltoniak, conference chairperson and owner of Bloom Creative Arts, will present Fix it Before It Breaks: Musical Strategies to Help Your Day.
- Gerald Smith (Help Me Grow) and Denise Roty (Buffalo Hearing and Speech) return for an encore presentation of Healthy Social Development: Tools for Teaching.
TRACK 2 WORKSHOPS:
- Which Love Languages are you Speaking? will be presented by Lindsay Leusch (Kangarootime).
- Specialists from Best Self will present an Intro to Teacher-Child Interaction Therapy (TCIT) and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT).
- Preventative Strategies to Add to Your Toolkit will be presented by Shannon Ochal (Gateway) and Amanda McPhereson (Bloom Creative Arts).
- A Make & Take Session will be facilitated by Silvia Steele (Holy Cross Head Start).
- An introduction to Radiant Child Yoga will be presented by Sarah & Vito Gigante (Cantalician Center for Learning).
- A Leadership Debrief for Directors will be facilitated by Christina Fecio, Educational Consultant and WNY Behavior Collaboration chairperson.
Need more event info? Check out the flyer here and order tickets here.